Monday, September 28, 2009

Market Street Improvements

Photo credit: Neal Patel, SFBC

I am absolutely elated about the Market Street Improvment trials that will begin tomorrow by closing eastbound car access on Market, 7 days a week for the next 6-12 months. Last week, car traffic was backed up as traffic diverting signs were installed. Tomorrow, as I commute down Market Street, I'll ride with less cars, less stress and a big ass smile on my face. Here are a few questions that haven't been answered about this most awesome of city planning projects:
  • Will the west bound bikes be on the left of the west bound cars?
  • How will the right turns at 6th, and 8th be enforced (we all know signs and barricades aren't enough to stop eager and frustrated drivers)?
I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's commute and providing feedback on this brilliant project. Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment