Monday, February 8, 2010

somebody asked about my bike

Dear Readers,
I apologize that I never told you how my mixte worked out. I started a while back telling you I was building up a frameset and taking you on test rides. You know I chose a soma mixte. Here's how I set it up. Only thing missing in the foto is the fenders, which finally went on a week or so ago.

soma mixte frame set
soma sparrow bars
bar end shifters
shimano 650 brakes (they're gorgeous)
shimano 105 group
sugino cranks with 3 rings (i dunno the numbers)
some 7 speed freewheel
105 hubs with salsa rims
gold cable housing
b-18 embossed saddle
brown cloth tape grips
planet bike rack. us army backpack pannier bag
nitto mini front rack with wald basket on top (there's a whole story about the rack and andre. where are you andre?)
decals removed, head badge covered with lakshmi on a lotus

hand selecting every detail of my bike was quite a learning experience and has earned me some street credibility with bike nerds. graduating from found bikes to my own custom touring build has rekindled my cycle lust and left me wanting more. ready for my handbuilt (frances).

No comments:

Post a Comment